PHB: Build some gates - 1
Gates are two-letter sub-roots. They are called gates because the two letters stand as pillars of a gate. Other letters are placed in front, to the rear or in the middle of the gate to make root word.
The letters we have covered:
|א||God spoke and created the heavens and the earth|
separated, made holy
|נ||Son of Man|
|ן||Son of Man died|
At first glance, it isn't easy to see how the words with ag אג are related. The formation of the word points more directly at the metaphor behind the word.
- Ag awg אג confident
- 'Age' aw-gay אגא I shall increase. Confident אג of reconciliation א
- Agog אגג I will overtop. Confident אג of the pursuit ג
- Agagiy אגגי of Agog . Descendent (creation) י of Agog אגג
- aguddah אגדה troop. Condident אג of the command ד heard ה
- egowz אגוז walnuts. Confidence אג of the distinct ו bride ז . The word is used only once [s 1]. It is interesting to note that if Hebrew is the original language, that the symbol of the walnut as a female organ is closely related to the idea that the security of a woman in ancient times was based on her ability to bear children.
- Aguwr אגור gathered. Confident אג of the distinct ו revelation ר. (The church)
- egel אגל reserve supply. Confident אג of the teaching ל. The kingdom of heaven is teaching. Our cups run over...
- Eglayim אגלים double reservoir. Reserve supply אגל of water ים(the word). Water is a double teaching; Holiness and Love.
- agam אגם pool. Confidence in אג the finished work of the son ם. (Still water symbolizes his death)
- agmown אגמון bullrush. Confidence אג in the promise of the father מ as clarified ו by the death of the Son of Man ן. As a metaphor, the bullrush reaches toward heaven from the still water; the death of Christ as taught in his word.
- aggan אגן cup, basin. Confidence in the death of the Son of Man. [s 2] [s 3] [s 4]
- aggaph אגף band of men. Confidence אג the prophecy is fulfilled ף. The invitation to his followers is always "Come see (understand)". [s 5] [s 6] [s 7] [s 8] [s 9]
- agar אגר gather. Confident אג in the revelation ר.
- iggera אגרא letter, missive. Gather אגר in reconciliation א (from separation) or a plea. [s 10] It is confidence אג that new information (with relationship) ר will reconcile א.
- egroph אגרף fist. Gather אגר in the completed prophecy ף. He does not cast us out of his hands (works) but holds us tightly in his fist.
- iggereth אגרת letters. The object that causes a gathering אגר for the purpose ת of receiving the command. [s 11] [s 12]
The game of opposites
If you traverse the gate in the opposite direction (reverse the two letters), there is a reversal of meaning. Confident is ag אג, and the reversal is ga גא meaning proud. In order to understand them, they must be filtered through the lens of the cross.
Consider garden and morning. They do not appear to be any kind of opposites. Let's try metaphoric thinking. Consider 'the garden' to be the Garden of Eden.
1. Who pursued whom there גנ?
- a. The serpent pursued Eve.
- b. God pursued Adam.
- c. Eve pursued Adam.
2. Who is the Son of Man symbol there?
- a. Adam was made in the image of God, and Jesus is the express image of God.
This eliminates 1a.
3. What happened in 'the morning'?
- a. The resurrection.
4. We now can see opposites between the fall, and the resurrection or the garden and the morning tied together by the meaning of the gates.
|אד||rake together||דא||cause to wander|
|גז||fleece, grass||זג||grape skin|
|דר||white pearl||רד||have dominion|
- So 6:11 ¶ I went down into the garden of nuts to see the fruits of the valley, [and] to see whether the vine flourished, [and] the pomegranates budded.
- Ex 24:6 And Moses took half of the blood, and put [it] in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
- Re 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
- Lu 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
- Mt 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- Lu 2:15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
- Joh 1:39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.
- Joh 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.
- Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
- Ezr 4:8 Rehum the chancellor and Shimshai the scribe wrote a letter against Jerusalem to Artaxerxes the king in this sort:
- Ne 2:8 And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which [appertained] to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.
- Ne 2:9 ¶ Then I came to the governors beyond the river, and gave them the king’s letters. Now the king had sent captains of the army and horsemen with me.