Difference between revisions of "Lu 24:13-32"
From Sensus Plenior
(Created page with ":Lu 24:13 ¶ And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem [about] threescore furlongs. :Lu 24:14 And they talked...")
Latest revision as of 05:54, 15 September 2021
- Lu 24:13 ¶ And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem [about] threescore furlongs.
- Lu 24:14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
- Lu 24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed [together] and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
- Lu 24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
- Lu 24:17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications [are] these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
- Lu 24:18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
- Lu 24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
- Lu 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
- Lu 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
- Lu 24:22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
- Lu 24:23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
- Lu 24:24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found [it] even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
- Lu 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
- Lu 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
- Lu 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
- Lu 24:28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
- Lu 24:29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
- Lu 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed [it], and brake, and gave to them.
- Lu 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
- Lu 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?