Motif: The appointed time
- Ge 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- בראשית ברא אלהים את השמים ואת הארץ Ge 1:1
Note: God created all things in all times; from beginning to end. Therefore, all things have their own appointed times.
יום Day One
Note: Each day of creation is a vignette of Christ showing that God's idea was completed in the Son. 'Day' is the measure of time; there is an appointed time for the completion of God's idea.
Timnath - the appointment
- Ge 38:12 ¶ And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah’s wife died; and Judah was comforted, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.
- Ge 18:14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
- Ex 9:5 And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land.
- Ex 23:15 Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib; for in it thou camest out from Egypt: and none shall appear before me empty:)
- Nu 9:2 Let the children of Israel also keep the passover at his appointed season.