¢ Vav ו Distinguished
The vav ו is a yod י with the lower portion extended downward to the baseline of the Square Letter Template  When used as a prefix it is translated and, [v 1] and like the word and, it explains, clarifies, or distinguishes by taking a thing apart and putting it back together..
Vav וו means 'nail'. Because the vav is doubled in it's name, it means 'distinguish in heaven and on earth'. You might think, "That nails it" concerning an understanding, and your exclamation would not be far off of the meaning of vav. [v 2]
The vav, representing the sword of the Lord, distinguishes between the Darkness and the Light, but it also joins them the same way the word and does in English. Some say that the vav 'clarifies' things; distinguishing between two things that are associated as one. 
All of the other letters are made up of yods, vavs and corners which are either round or square. Corners will be examined later.
- The upper horizontal represents things we can know of God, the lower represents the flesh. The right side represents love descending, and the left, holiness returning.
- It divides the Square Letter Template vertically: Holiness on the left, and love on the right
- Darkness represents the love/grace of God, and light represents his holiness. They are two aspects of the one God. Notice that Darkness was not created. If darkness represents evil as so many have taught, then God dwelt in evil before he created the light. This is an indefensible position. God covers sinners with love/grace and does not destroy them. They live in a condition requiring grace. They live in darkness. God commands them to be holy; to sin no more, and come into the light. Darkness, as any metaphor has multiple expressions. God IS love but in him there is nothing that requires grace, so we can say that love is not required or presumed upon in the Trinity. It just is. It is not a contradiction to say with John: 1Jo 1:5 ¶ This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
- Ge 1:3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
- Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- Joh 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- vav ו - and, m. sword
- vav וו - nail, m. Word of God