Gospel of Thomas - Chapter 052
From Sensus Plenior
- (50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'"
- We came from the Light - in pun 'a lo khoom' the not dark or 'the light' with Elohim. We came from God.
- The place... - We are 'in God' since nothing can be outside of him.
- the light came into being - God said, "Let there be light (Gen 1:3)
- by itself - 'a lo khoom' from Elohim.
- and became manifest through their image - Jesus is the light which is the express image of God.(Heb 1:3)
- we are the children of light - (Joh 12:36)
- it is movement and repose - life and rest.
- Fish that swim in the water are clean, those which lie on the bottom are unclean. A fish must move through water, live in the word, to be alive. The rest is the peace which passes all understanding (Php 4:7). It is a trust in Christ.