Gospel of Thomas - Chapter 084
From Sensus Plenior
- (83) Jesus said, "The images are manifest to man, but the light in them remains concealed in the image of the light of the father. He will become manifest, but his image will remain concealed by his light."
Image - form
Light - Holiness, separateness
- The forms (symbols) are manifest to man.
- But the holiness that the symbols contain are concealed in Christ
- Christ is The image of the holiness of the Father.
- He will be made known (He was made known in the resurrection)
- but his form (body) will remain concealed by his holiness. (His body will remain separate from those whom he indwells).
- Joh 7:36 What [manner of] saying is this that he said, Ye shall seek me, and shall not find [me]: and where I am, [thither] ye cannot come?