PHB: rosh - Revelation family רבת-כ
Rosh ר Revealed
The rosh ר was part of the vav - Word Extended Family as a vav ו extended with a horizontal vav on the top. It also starts it's own family. All members of this family are related to the rosh as revelation. [q 1] [a 1]
Bet ב Revealed to man
The bet is the revelation to man, indicated by the lower horizontal. The rosh and the lower horizontal are joined at right angles, meaning that there is something less than if they were joined with a curve. It indicates the the revelation is with man, among men and to man.
The word bet בת means house. Bet also means 'daughter' because daughters live in their father's house. [v 1] When drawing the bet say, "He revealed himself to man".
Kof כ The Son of God
The kof כ is drawn like a bet ב but it transitions to the lower vav with a curve, suggesting that the revelation has become man. It represents the Son of God. We spoke of it in contrast to the nun נ which is the Son of Man.
The meaning of kof כף is 'palm of a hand, or cup. In formation it means - The Son of God כ hidden in mystery, riddle, parable, prophecy and/or metaphor ף of his death. [v 2] Jesus asked to have the cup removed. [s 1] We understand that he was asking to not have to face his death. Some teach that the cup represents wrath, but it must mean the same thing everywhere. There are several Hebrew words for 'cup', but in this case we know more precisely that the death of the Son of God was hidden in mystery; in the cup. [q 2] [a 2]
When you draw the kof כ say, "The Son of God". The kof will have a family of it's own.
Tov ת It is finished
The tov is drawn as a rosh then finished with a vav spontaneously generated on the bottom left (no connection to the rosh) and the returning in holiness to God up the left side. The meaning is that the revelation completed it's work with a new word (vav) spontaneously returning to God. This is the genuine praise of God by his people. [q 3] [a 3] [s 2]
The Son of God בר and the increase רב
The revelation to man ב of the revelation ר is the 'son' bar בר, but more specifically, the Son of God. He is the unbegotten only Son of God, which speaks of his eternal nature. [v 4]
Traversing the gate in the opposite direction produces some sense of the reversal of meaning. Rab רב is the revelation ר of the house ב. Here the emphasis is on the rosh revelation which produces an increase. rab רב means 'increase' indicated by the house/family created by the revelation. [v 5]
It may seem confusing that we used the bet ב as 'revelation to man' sometimes, and as 'house' other times. They are part of the same metaphor. In this case, the bar בר could be expressed as the 'house of revelation' meaning the 'family of revelation'. The Son is the head of his household. [s 5] His family are the 'sons of God' who also reveal the invisible God by teaching of Christ. It's simply a matter of which makes the better dynamic equivalent in the current context.
The church is the ultimate revelation of the Word of God, or revelation of God, since it is in their obedience of faith that we find the essential nature of the Kingdom of Heaven. [s 6]
The house בת and the reply תב
The house bet בת is the revelation to man ב which revelation produced a new life returning to God ת. The revelation comes from God and goes to men.
The reversal of the gate is tab תב which means 'reply'; the response goes from man to God. The new life returning to God ת gives a revelation to men through teaching, praise and obedience. [v 6]
Bet ב or בת or בית vs bethah בתה
As God teaches his language, he says things in different ways until we understand. Each expression of bet says the same thing in a slightly different way.
The letter bet is the foundation. It is a revelation to man.
The gate bat or bath has the added meaning that the revelation was successful and it produced a new life. Compare to the shin ש which says that the new life returned with the Word which produced it. The word bath is also a liquid measure. Measuring is a metaphor for judging. Water is a metaphor for the word. It suggests that the word of God is judged by it's result of a new life being produced.
Add a yod in the middle of bet בית and now it is focused on the fact of the new life, the the creation yod י in the house.
Bethah has the added he ה which symbolizes that the beth doesn't understand. How is the word judged in this case? The word bethah בתה means 'desolate'. the house has not been fruitful. [v 7]
- How does the rosh ר differ from the dalet ד.
- What does it mean to have your cup overflow? (Careful. It is a different Hebrew word.) Ps 23:5
- Why does the tov ת have a rosh ר within rather than a dalet ד?
- Lu 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
- Ro 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
- Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.
- Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
- Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
- Heb 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for [the kingdom], the evidence of things not seen [the kingdom].
- bet ב or בת - house, daughter m. he revealed himself to man
- kof כ or כף - palm, cup m. Son of God
- tov ת or תו - mark, record m. finished
- bar בר - son, m. Son of God.
- rab רב- increase, f. revelation ר of the house ב.
- tab תב - reply, f. the new life ת gives a revelation to men ב.
- bethah בתה - desolate, m. the house בת which doesn't understand ה.
- The dalet is a commandment or the result of it. Though it reflects the personality of God, it does not contain it. You cannot dialog with it. The rosh is the revelation containing the personality of God.
- The word is kowc כוס meaning lament כן complete fulfilling the promise of the Father ס. The 23rd Psalm is prophetic of Gethsemane wherein the lamenting of Christ was finished, and he braced himself to face the cross.
- The commandment cannot produce life. Ro 7:10