Template:Head: Keys to the kingdom
From Sensus Plenior
- Mt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
- Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Mt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
- Mt 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
- Mt 16:21 ¶ From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
The keys to the Kingdom of heaven are the pictures of the cross in the Old Testament.