Esau was threatened with death but did not die 
Jacob threatened with death but did not die 
He slept (died)  and awoke with God's blessing of fruitfulness.
Stone on the mouth of the well 
THe rods were striped 
Threatened with death 
Wrestled with God (underground) 
- Ge 25:32 And Esau said, Behold, I [am] at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
- Ge 27:42 And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, [purposing] to kill thee.
- Ge 28:11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put [them for] his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
- Ge 29:3 And thither were all the flocks gathered: and they rolled the stone from the well’s mouth, and watered the sheep, and put the stone again upon the well’s mouth in his place.
- Ge 30:37 ¶ And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which [was] in the rods.
- Ge 32:11 Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, [and] the mother with the children.
- Ge 32:24 ¶ And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.