Gospel of Thomas - Chapter 063
- (61) Jesus said, "Two will rest on a bed: the one will die, and the other will live."
- Salome said, "Who are you, man, that you ... have come up on my couch and eaten from my table?"
- Jesus said to her, "I am he who exists from the undivided. I was given some of the things of my father."
- <...> "I am your disciple."
- <...> "Therefore I say, if he is destroyed, he will be filled with light, but if he is divided, he will be filled with darkness."
- Lu 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two [men] in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
When there are two things they are two sides of the same thing. There will be one in bed, his spirit will live and his body will die.
The undivided The word ברא in hieroglyphics is 'the son who created the heavens and the earth. The א alef is the silent letter which represents God creating the heavens and earth in silence. Jesus existed before the alef.
Though the Son was fully God, and Jesus was fully God in the flesh, he had emptied himself of the properties of deity choosing not to be omnipresent. omniscient, omnipotent, etc. Yet he retained the personal characteristics of the father which are a part of personality.
Light is Holiness which destroys, and darkness is Grace. If Jesus's body was destroyed in the grave, he still would be God and he would still have been holy. But he was divided, or separated from the Father on the cross in order to give grace.