|What is the kingdom of heaven?
Concerning the Kingdom of heaven there is much confusion. Is it a place in the clouds; an other world-ly place where we go when we die? Is it a Borg-like ship that will descend on Jerusalem?
- Without the rules , there is nothing to guide your interpretation, causing endless debates  with no standard of truth.
The rules say that a symbol must be the same thing everywhere. Notice that this does not say "every where it is used as a symbol". We have no choice when to read it as a symbol or not.
- ↑ https://sensusplenior.net/wiki/Rules
- ↑ Ro 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
- ↑ 2Co 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and [that] I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest [there be] debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
|Kingdom like leaven
Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is like leaven.  Even here there is a controversy because theologians allow leaven to be one thing in one place and another thing in another place. Leaven cannot symbolize sin, as some would have us believe.
- Consider: the Hebrews got rid of leaven before Passover , which is a well-known symbol of the cross. Did they get rid of their sin before the cross? Of course not, or the cross would not have been necessary.
They got rid of their old teaching in preparation for the new teaching. Leaven represents teaching. New cloth on a patch represents new works mixed with old.  New wine represents new life; wine represents blood and life is in the blood.  , and you can't mix a new life in Christ with your old life. 
- ↑ Mt 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.
- ↑ Ex 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
- ↑ Mt 9:16 No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
- ↑ Ge 49:11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:
- ↑ Ge 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, [which is] the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
- ↑ Mt 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
The word for 'kingdom' is 'mamlakah' ממלכה. See the lamed ל? The kingdom has something to do with teaching. 'The promise of the Father מ (in heaven and earth x2) teaching ל by the Son of God כ was not understood ה.'
- The kingdom is his teaching. Originally he taught in mystery and parables so that people did not understand.  He could not let them believe before the cross or it would have created a dilemma:
- Salvation is by faith in the cross. 
- He taught them of the cross, before the cross. 
- If they had believed and gotten saved, then the cross would not have been necessary.
- But without it, there was nothing to believe in.
Now that the mystery has been revealed , and the work of the cross is complete , the kingdom can be found in those who have been taught. 
- ↑ Mt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
- ↑ 1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
- ↑ Mt 16:21 ¶ From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
- ↑ Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
- ↑ Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
- ↑ Lu 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The kingdom of heaven is like leaven; teaching. Jesus was the 'unleavened bread' or the 'untaught teacher'.  There were twelve loaves of shewbread, or bread of his presence in the temple, representing God's people. We are told by some that the bread was leavened because there was a leavened bread presented to the Lord elsewhere.  Others say that it was unleavened because it was a meat or meal offering. God intentionally did not tell us.
- If it was leavened, some would say that we must be taught to be presented to the Lord. This is a common and popular (Gnostic) view among Evangelicals who teach that you must know and believe their doctrine. If it were unleavened, some would deduce that teaching was not necessary. Both positions are wrong.
When we are presented to the Lord, there will be some who have been taught and some who have not been taught. Salvation is of the Lord , not based on our works (or learning). When we are in his presence, there will be no more teaching about him, because all will know him. 
- ↑ Joh 7:15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
- ↑ Le 23:20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits [for] a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
- ↑ Jon 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay [that] that I have vowed. Salvation [is] of the LORD.
- ↑ Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
When Jesus said that the Kingdom of heaven was near , he was saying that it is here; his teaching was already here.
- It is as near as your heart.  THe Hebrew word for heart is leb לב. It means 'Teaching ל revealed to man ב.
We are separated from God by ignorance Elohim, joined to him by revelation Israel, marriage is a symbol for doctrine, the bride is a symbol for those who are taught by Christ, and the kingdom is teaching, particularly the teaching of Christ and the cross. We have this teaching now.
- ↑ Mt 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- ↑ Mt 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth [it] not, then cometh the wicked [one], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.